Monday, January 08, 2007

Word up Uncle Sam




So amazingly enough your boy got a raise. Opened up my paycheck today and was pleased to find that it actually was worth something. $48.54 for 2 weeks worth. BOOOOM!!!! Somehow the powers that be realized that server minimum wage should be more than $2.13 and hour. Now my company being nice has paid me $2.50 and hour, shit yeah. Which resulted in some remarkable paychecks the likes of $1.32 if anything at all. So i received a 50% raise,up to an astounding $3.75 an hour! I almost teared up. Is it a bad thing that I'm proud of this like its some kind of accomplishment? Like i only received this because I've worked in restaurants for 10 years now, and that I've earned it. Not that the government just finally kind of got there shit together?


Its the little things that matter.

No comments: